Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Three in a Jar

If I ever had to do it again {vow renewal, perhaps} I would get married in an open field on the shores of a lake...that had a barn nearby. I would purchase all of the flowers at a farmers market and gather them in bunches for the bridesmaids. The tables at the reception would be a mix between the following photos that have given me warm fuzzies since the moment I laid eyes on them. And forget the thought of vases. Everything would be in mason jars and in groups of threes.
Fluffy dahlias have always been my true love. They are perfect in every way.

found on here the lovely once wed blog. photo by joshua caine
Be still my heart. White delightful hydrangeas mixed with green berries and the most perfect greenery. And the stones at the bottom of the jar, couldn't be more perfect.
photo by the talented tec petaja and found via bv weddings

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Love the white hydrangeas! We're thinking of doing something similar on some of the reception tables.

Courtney said...

These are lovely. I adore the vintage jars paired with pretty ribbons and beautiful flowers.

Great post.

Veiled Vows said...

That's exactly what I plan to do! Love the last photo with the rocks! Thanks for the inspiration.

melissa said...

This is a great idea! Especially for a backyard wedding.

Jena Lepitzki said...

I believe I am the #1 fan of these vintage jars with flowers and ribbons!

Can never get enough.