Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bake Off

We had a bake off at my client yesterday. Those of you that know me know that I could survive for months off of turkey sandwiches, chicken noodle soup and diet coke. Needless to say, I don't cook and or bake. So, naturally, I made rice krispie treats for the bake off. I maintain that it counts since I had to melt the butter & marshmellows over the stove....which is essentially baking.

image found on the bride chic blog...i think

But if I was actually blessed with baking skills, I would have loved to have made a cake like the one above. Isn't it lovely in every way!? Unique, adorned with flowers and perfect in every single way. Quite the wedding cake, if you ask me.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

A bake off?! What are you guys doing over there....haha. Sounds like fun and I agree your entry should count since it's not out of a pre-packaged box.

Amanda B. Young said...

Ha! I'm so with you! My husband is the cook of this relationship and I'm definitely thankful for that. If it were just me around here I would probably eat cereal for dinner every night. So bad!

And, yes, rice krispie treats 100% count -- as Adrienne said it doesn't come out of a pre-packaged box so it's definitely "baking."