Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cookie Favors or Gifts

For those of you that have followed my blog for a while, you know that Halloween is my favorite "holiday" ever. So, I took the chance to send my seven bridesmaids a little Halloween care package. There were festive cupcake holders, cupcake toppers, a card telling each of them how much they mean to me and a mason jar of ready-to-make "Spooktacular" cookie mix {idea/recipie via Bakerella}.
You can get the full recipe/directions/ingredient list here at bakerella. I substituted orange, purple, black and green m&m's to make this a Halloween themed gift. Use red & green for Christmas and give as a hostess/thank you gift. These jars of goodness would also make great "prizes" at a wedding shower or bachelorette party {easily incorporating the bride's wedding colors}. You could even give them as favors if you are having a smaller wedding!

I finished each jar with an orange bandanna and a snippet of Halloween ribbon. Attached to the ribbon was a piece of green card stock with "Spooktacular" cookie mix written on the front with instructions to flip over for the recipe & cooking instructions. You could easily make a template for this card to print out multiples if giving them as gifts.
My friends loved the mix {thanks Bakerella!}! Hopefully some of you can utilize this little gem of a favor/gift. Easy to make, fun to give and good to eat...how can you resist!?

4 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

This is such a great idea! I think that you could have even used these to ask your girls to be in your wedding... which is what I am suggesting to my gf right after I finish typing this!

Mrs T said...

They are so cute. And how nice are you to send your bridesmaids gifts for Halloween.

P.s. I got your message on my blog about our invites. I would be HONORED to be featured on your blog. *So* excited!

brit said...

I love this idea. We actually sell these at our Delta Gamma tree lot in town - they are always a huge hit!

holly-lynn said...

i love these, i'm thinking of adding red&green m&ms and giving some away for christmas!