Friday, May 1, 2009

Starbucks

Over at Penned & Pretty, yesterday's post featured a delicious save the date, and I just had to share it here, along with a story for all of you.
One of the first {of many} sweet little things that Chris did for me involved Starbucks. He came up with this elaborate plot with one of my sorority sisters to get me to the Starbucks on campus at 7am on a Friday morning. I had no clue what was going on and willingly went to Starbucks with my friend, having just rolled out of bed sporting no makeup and my favorite old old old hooded sweatshirt and non-matching sweatpants. I was a sight to see. My dear friend and I were in line to buy our Starbucks when there was a tap on my shoulder. Chris had taken the day off work and driven up bright and early to surprise me and spend the day together. I was shocked...and completely embarrassed that I had no makeup on. However, the day that we spent together was absolutely perfect in every way. We snapped this little gem along the canal in Indianapolis and it remains one of our favorites to this day.

And there you have it. A lovely save the date and a story to boot. You're now on your way to having a perfect little Friday. My friends and I are headed up to Chicago bright and early on Saturday morning for the bachelorette party in honor of our friend Candice. I'm sure I'll be back with stories. p.s. how in the world is it already may 1st?

9 comments:

Julia said...

very cute!! have a great weekend

April said...

AW! What a sweet story!

Candicelyn said...

I love that story but I love even more that I get to see you soon. I feel a little deprived lately!

Adrienne said...

Love the story and very cute pic! I knew it was from the canal the second I saw it, we have taken tons of pictures there - I love that place!! We need one of those here for real..haha.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That is such a sweet story! What a catch!

I love those save the dates. Very clever!

said...

cute pic of the two of you :) i see why its one of your favs.

Liz said...

That is precious! :)

HH2B and I love to get a coffee and walk around the park together whenever we have time. It's one of my favorite memories of him!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I commented on your other blog, these STD's are precious! I love them! Your story is also sweet... sounds like a fun day!

Charlotte Wedding Planner said...

Adorable! I love it!