Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Raspberry Shoes?!

If you have not yet added Molly's blog These Little Moments to your daily blog reading material...you are missing out.
Today, her fabulous post was all about her BM dresses, BM shoes, and socks for the GM. I was smitten. A girl after my own heart.
(You can see my posts on socks for the GM here and here, BM shoes here , and BM dresses here).
Molly's post reminded me of this picture that I still love. Colored BM shoes.

Her BM's will be wearing red dresses and plum shoes. My BM's will be wearing black dresses and although plum shoes would be beautiful...I feel as though the plum would be too dark with my black dresses. Imagine my delight when Molly showed me that the shoes that her BM's will be wearing come in fuchsia a.k.a. RASPBERRY!

I had all but purchased 7 of them (they were IN my on-line shopping cart) before I took a deep breath and told myself that I miiiight want to hold off on ordering them. All along I just assumed that I would let my BM's wear any black "strappy" shoe. I kept telling myself that I was ok with that. But I looooooove that picture above. And I looooooooove the detail it would add! There is a little voice inside my head saying, "oh, just ask your BM to buy them. your BM dresses were only $130...another $40 brings the grand total up to what BM dresses normally cost! And you're the BRIDE! It's your day!" But the voice of resason kept saying, "it's an unnecessary cost for shoes that some of the girls might not ever wear again...don't make them do it."

So I leave it open to all of you. I even created another poll. Should I ask the BM's to fork over the $40 for the breathtakingly beautiful and perfect-in-everyway raspberry shoes that would complement our color scheme? Or should I let them wear their own cute black shoes? Vote. Comment. Do something!

{Update: 51 total votes. Yes: 31, No: 20}

12 comments:

Abbie said...

I say buy them and give them as their bridesmaid gift. They will wear them again... I say that, as I have a ton of shoes and would wear a color shoe any day I can. :)

Linda said...

They might not wear them again. I don't like the color of the shoes. I would go with black stappy sandals. I hesitate when it comes to buying shoes for other people.

tina said...

I've been a bridesmaid 7 times, trust me, they won't even blink an eye when you send them the link. And they're $40. That is so cheap. The color is pretty dark though. It might not give you the pop that you love in the photo. What other colors are in your scheme? You could also pick something on the opposite of the color wheel and then use that color ribbon in the bouquets to stand out a bit.

Anonymous said...

haha I am SO the wrong person to ask. First I asked my girls if they were into it and all but 2 said yes. So it was a no go. But then I changed my mind and was like, you know what, this is really what I want on my wedding day.

I know that sounds snotty, but I've tried very hard to make everything very affordable for my girls up until this point so for the two girls who weren't into it I offered to buy them. They actually declined! So all girls bought the shoes and I'm happy.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ Abbie. That is a great idea to go ahead and purchase them and give them as part of their bridesmaid gifts. Or, you can go ahead and ask them to get them. It's your special day and if you want a certain look then go for it!

Tara Vorhes said...

hmmm- I don't know that a 'gift' is something that you like and are asking them to wear 'for you'... would you do dyable shoes that they can at least dye black after your wedding?

i think it comes down to what is important to you... if you really want them to match or if they can show off their own personality through accessories...

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

do whatever YOU want! Maybe offer to pay for 1/2 of them!

Lara said...

I agree with Tina-they are cheap. Maybe I'm just a sucker for pink shoes, but I would LOVE for a bride to tell me to get these. I would wear a pair of fabulous shoes again. Definitely worth asking your maids to get them. If they scoff, then offer to buy them. Great choice!

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

do it! you'll regret it if you don't get that picture you've been dying for.

Caitlin Burns Piller said...

Any idea where the green BM shoes are from? Loving them and trying to find something similar. Thanks!

Caitlin Burns Piller said...

Any idea where the green BM shoes are from? Loving them and trying to find something similar. Thanks!

Zane Wooder said...

I am in love with those green dress shoes.

zane