Sunday, September 30, 2007

Re-thinking the Favors

About a month ago, I blogged about the problems that I have/had with various wedding favors that I had seen on-line. Favors such as small candles, tiny picture frames, and key chains never really get used by the guest or are often forgotten and left at the venue. How sad...especially when each favor can cost $2 to $3 per guest. So, I began to consider not giving out favors...until I came across the candy bar buffet!

What a great idea! The candy bar buffet can be displayed throughout the reception, allowing guests to graze as the night goes on. Whats even better is that the leftover candy can be eaten and the bride and groom will not end up with thirty 3.5inch by 3 inch rhinestone frames!

What makes this idea even more attractive is the affordability and the customization that comes with it! Buying candy in bulk is easily done and stores like Ikea and Target offer the various sizes of vases and bowls at cheap/reasonable prices. If I decide to spoil my guests with the candy buffet at my wedding, I would purchase blue, green, & white M&M's and almonds, green & white gummy bears, green & blue skittles, green Swedish fish, and perhaps some green & blue sour patch straws (have to stay with the navy and green color scheme!)!

1 comment:

jessica lynn said...

Oops, I forgot to give credit!
l to r:
1. organizedbridestore.com
2. shinymediaheadshift.com
3. sarahpapesh.com
4. candyfavorites.com
5. marthastewart.com
6. theknot.com