Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Poll: The Head/ Sweetheart Table

The size of our bridal party, 16 including Chris and I, has caused us some logistics problems. Getting to and from the hotel, church, and reception has provided to be a reoccurring nightmare consuming my thoughts at least twice a day. Not to mention that our church has an extra-long aisle and it will take the 7 BM's at least 5 minutes to walk from the back of the church to the front. By the time they make it to the front, the guests will be ready to go home. However, the larger logistical problem at hand is dealing with the seating for ourselves and our large bridal party at the reception.
Here are our options:
1. A Sweetheart table for the two of us. Allow our bridal party to sit with their dates at two tables. (photo below via Jessica Claire)
2. Lining up the bridal party 7 on each side in a row almost the length of a football field. It's traditional and it works. (photo via Knottie Mrs. Pootiekins)


3. Split up the bridal party between two (oval) tables of 8 that are placed side by side next to eachother at the front of the room. This is our venue's preference. But how do we decide which members of the party sit with us and which are exiled to the other table!?

Thoughts!? How are you handling your head table?
{Results: 39 votes!! sweetheart: 22, one long table: 12, two tables: 5}

10 comments:

natalie said...

I think we are going to do several round tables for our bridal party and it is just a little smaller than yours. I don't love the sweetheart table idea and I would prefer that my BP be able to sit with their dates. Dinner is so quick, however, I am sure any of those options would work well.

N. said...

We are doing a sweetheart table, and I am so excited about it. I think we will have been pretty rushed around up to that point (not in a bad way, just going, going) and sitting down, just the two of us, looking out at our beautiful venue, all decorated how we've been envisioning it for over a year, and all of our family and friends... I think it will be a really special time for just us, to sit back and take it all in together.

Linda said...

We are having several tables for our bridal party and their families.
But for you I think that a sweetheart table would be best. I dislike the football field table.

Emily Takes Photos said...

We plan to have a semi-sweetheart table: we will sit with our BM/MOH and their dates. The rest of our bridal party will be dispersed throughout the room at different tables. We're doing this for two reasons, 1) each member of our party is from a different facet of our lives, so they'll be sitting with the rest of the people from said facet, and 2) we have some VERY clashing personalities among our party, and I so don't want to deal with the drama that is sure to arise if they all sit together!

Kate said...

I like the idea of the long table the best but I can see how the sweetheart table may make more sense. If you end up having to do the two large round tables you could always put your MOH, BM, and then the next two bridesmaids and groomsmen in line at your table and everyone else at the next. Just a possibility. Also, I was wondering if you had any inspiration photos of nautical themed ideas in a pink & navy color scheme. Thanks!

Etiquettely Correct said...

I think we will sit at a head table with our parents & siblings and then the wedding party will be dispersed. A lot of our attendants are married, so I would hate for them to not be able to sit with their spouses and other friends they know.

Tara Vorhes said...

i personally like the idea of using a couple oval tables; much more condusive to chatting than the long single sided table. and i don't love the sweetheart table.

but do whichever you will enjoy the most!

Candicelyn said...

Where I am having my reception they suggested using tiered long tables or the sweetheart table since the party is going to be 18 people long, not including me and the hubby. I like the tiered idead because everyone can talk to eachother easily.

Molly said...

We have 14 in our wedding party counting us (I have 7 BMs too!) and we're doing a sweetheart table for us and then sitting our party with people they'll feel comfortable with. I don't think you have to follow the tradition of sitting the bridal party together anymore.

JMB2008 said...

late on the game here...
we are doing 16 in a square. It will be big, but it works and i am happy.