Friday, August 15, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

How time flies. Just six short weeks from Saturday we will {finally} be married.

And I am not sure if I am ready.

Not for the whole being married part...I have never been more sure of anything else in my life. I would marry Chris today in sweatpants...but then I wouldn't be able to wear my dress so scratch that.

I am not sure that I am ready for what the next six weeks have in store for me. I feel like all I have done this week is put check marks next to items on our to-do list...but I don't feel as though I have accomplished anything. I suppose that it's times like these that instead of being six weeks out that we could just be at our reception doing the following:

But there is no rest for the weary. Today I am taking off work and going to hair trial #2, my first make-up trial, picking up the second mock-up of the bridesmaids bouquets, and making the two hour drive home for a trip to the dentist and a family friend's wedding on Saturday (I'll be the one taking notes).

Mommy and I are also going to (hopefully) finish up the design of the programs and make the flower girls pomanders (more on that later). By Sunday when I return to Indianapolis I am hoping that the OOT bags that I ordered will be on the doorstep so we can fill them and put them out of sight and out of mind. Next week brings big decisions on the table settings at the reception as well as whether or not to make/use ribbon wavers/wands for the exit from the church ceremony. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

But to be honest, deep down I'm not sure that I am ready for the whirlwind of "last minute" planning to come and go. In an instant, the pictures will be snapped, the "I Do's" will be said, the cake will be devoured, and it will all be over. Then what will I do!? That, my friends, is a scary thought. So I think that I will just enjoy this weekend and the planning that comes along with it. Be back Sunday! (Unless I blog from the chair while I am getting my hair "did"...have I mentioned I love my new blackberry!?)
(photo above via jasmine star)

4 comments:

Sugarpie said...

Good luck! My hair trial tomorrow too so fingers crossed!

The whirlwind of planning is tiring and I find work really gets in the way!

Miss G said...

Oh Jessica, I know what you mean! I have nixed OOTs because I decided I just didn't care that much. As a teacher, I go back to work on Monday so this weekend is it before I have something else huge competing for my attention along with the wedding planning. Yesterday my florist/event planner that I was planning to use called and due to unforeseen circumstances is not taking any more new clients. You know, I have had times of thinking I just couldn't do it all and being so stressed out with everything left to do but when I got that call, God was already really working on me and I just said, "okay". I have a peace that it is all going to work out. I had such a wonderful day and truly enjoyed the wedding planning process through and through for the first time in a while. We're visiting my family this weekend as we have a shower on Sunday at my home church. :) Today my grandma and I are going to get our eyebrows waxed (how cute is that?) and then we're going to work on wedding projects all day and I’m going to my aunt's to borrow my "something borrowed" wedding jewelry. I too am suddenly realizing that I want to soak up this time. It is tiring and soo much to do but this is the only time I am going to get married so I want to enjoy it! All of it. As far as after the wedding one of the things I am looking forward to filling my time with is cooking together again. Breaking out all of those wonderful wedding gift kitchen gadgets and cooking fun dishes. We used to do that all the time before wedding planning took over our lives. :)

This has been long but it's felt good to type it and know that someone else is in the same place as me. One of my favorite things about blogging. :) Thanks for letting me share.

I hope the hair trial goes wonderfully! (I haven't even found a hair dresser yet! :), the bridesmaid's bouquets look fantastic this time around and you thoroughly enjoy your time with family and friends! Kelly

Erin said...

Good luck with everything!

My wedding date is the same day and I don't have half the things to do that you do! But, I suppose I just am paying less attention to the little details! Let yourself RELAX a bit! It's the MARRIAGE that counts - not just the wedding! *Smile*

-E

Anonymous said...

Good luck on this last leg of the ride! We are thinking about you!