Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Capturing the Bridal Glow

You know, call me crazy, but in the midst of planning our wedding I got a little caught up and lost with all the things on my to-do list. You know, finding the perfect plum shoes, agonizing over our invitations, choosing a color scheme and putting an unhealthy amount of time into all the little pesky details of our big day. What didn't I do? I didn't think about myself. And that's fine and all, since the wedding is about two people and not just one. But, after seeing bridal portraits like the ones below, I really wish that I would have thought to pry myself away from Chris' side for just a couple of minutes to allow Nicole to snap some pictures of just me and that "wedding glow" that we all hear about.
Seriously, just check out the bridal portraits below and tell me that you wouldn't want pictures of yourself that even slightly resemble these:

These shots are the most natural and beautiful bridal portraits I have ever ever seen. Period.
My absolute favorite {bridal portrait} of all time. Ever. Promise.

So, in the midst of all the details that you'll get lost in during your wedding planning, don't forget to schedule in some time with just you and your photographer. Make him or her steal you away from your future husband for a few moments to take just a few pictures of you in all of your glowing beauty on your wedding day. I'm pretty sure you won't regret it.

p.s. you can see the rest of the pictures from this wedding here on the fabulous blog of Paul Johnson, a favorite photographer of mine.

8 comments:

Julia said...

wow. that bottom one (actually, all three of them)is stunning. I am totally going to forward that on to my photographer to have a look at...

Adrienne said...

I will absolutely be doing this. :)

awna jade. said...

Love, Love it. Especially that last one! I already have it saved in my wedding day photo folder! :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

ohh..i like this!I love those shots...

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

Love thoss pictures!

megankl said...

these are so pretty! i'm going to email the link to my photographer! I just hope I can work up the courage to take pictures alone...I always feel so awkward!

Nicole-Lynn said...

I loved that wedding as well! The bridal portrait and her dress are stunning :)

Unknown said...

who is this dress by i LOVE it!!