Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Poll: The Half Shot

You may have noticed, in perusing the archives of this little bloggity blog, that I am a lover of {what I call} "the half shot." Example:


image by joey seawell via style me pretty

Also, see example 2, example 3, example 4 for previous half shots posted on this blog that I very much adore. Even though there are no faces to be seen a half shot, i still think that a lovely message/feeling is conveyed.

What are your thoughts? Are you a fan of the half shots?! Would you like to see a couple half shots in your wedding photos? Loves it or leave it? Comment or vote in the poll on the right hand side of this blog.

For one last pretty picture for this post, here is a half shot from our wedding day that I haven't shared with you yet.

This picture was taken by Nicole as the toasts were being given at our wedding reception{note the pink champagne}. Chris couldn't have peeled me away from his side if he would have wanted to. I don't think that I could have gotten closer or had a tighter grip on that hand of his. Loves it.

13 comments:

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

you two are soo romantic :)

ashley said...

adorable!!!

megankl said...

I love the half shots! They show just as much emotion as the face portraits.

Jessica @ Mason Jar Bride said...

YES, i love these. I've also heard them referred to as "anonymous shots." We will definitely make sure Sarah gets a few :) Love the one of you and your hubby!

LauraAnn said...

You are too cute! I love that picture of you and Chris!

I so need you to be in charge of creating a "must have" picture list! You are so good!

Adrienne said...

I'm definitely a fan! Love the pic of you two!

Lynsey said...

Love them!!! I hope I have several on our big day! The shot of you and Chris is simply adorable.

~k said...

LOVE THEM! I didn't have any originally but stumbled across them on my own....I posted some in response to yours. Check 'em out!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Love half shots :)

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

I LOVE these Shots!

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

I looove half shots!!!

Cat said...

I love them too!! I actually just posted the other day about leg shots... you can tell so much about the couple without even seeing their faces!

Heather Warren said...

i love them, one of my favorite pics from our wedding is a half shot...