Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fall 2009 "In" Colors

I found this lovely little graphic over at SW Magazine a few days ago and just had to share! I am personally loving all of the colors represented {minus the violet} and cannot stop dreaming up color combos! However, I got to thinking, how influential are these up-and-coming color schemes on the decision that you make regarding the colors present on your wedding day? For me, it was all about colors that I loved, not necessarily what was "in" for that particular season. There's a little poll on the top right hand side of my little bloggity blog where you can share your thoughts in the form of a vote. Or, feel free to leave a comment! Do you consult the "in" colors for the season before picking out the color scheme for your wedding!? And, just for fun, a second poll for you to pick your favorite fall 2009 color!

p.s. my favorite color combo from the above scheme: Iron & Honey Yellow with a splash of warm olive {i personally feel as though this color combo would work for most seasons!}

  • Iron: Color experts are calling Iron “the new black”. Neither gray nor brown, Iron is a grounding color that coordinates well with other Fall hues.
  • Honey Yellow: More subdued than Spring’s vibrant Mimosa yellow, this shade carries yellow through to fall and winter with its golden tones.
  • Warm Olive: An unexpected, “tangy”, rich yellow-green. When combined, this intriguing hue makes other Fall colors come alive.

lovely little illustration by Gia from betsy white via SW Magazine

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Iron and honey yellow kind of conjures up visions of the beam. Har.

Liz said...

i'm loving the nomad with the blue and green.... yum.

Jennifer said...

I have to agree with the minus the violet. It seems kind of just stuck in there randomly.

N. said...

My choice had nothing to do with what was 'in.' I always knew I wanted my maids in black, then I found an inspiration bouquet with cream, pinks, and black centered anemones, and that was it!
I definitely think brides should go with what they love, rather than what's 'in,' bc when they look back 10 years later, it won't be 'in' anymore, but hopefully they'll still love their color choices.

Julia said...

beautiful colours. To be honest I never considered what was "in". Actually, I'm not even sure at any given point what is "in"!! There are definitely colours that do and don't suit me - so there's a good chance that going with the trend wouldn't work at all, even if we wanted to! Those colours are lovely though.