Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Give Thanks and Share Your Link

This year, more than ever, I am thankful for my family, husband and friends and friendships. I’m attempting to be thankful for the 24 years I had to spend with my Daddy since some people don’t even get that long with their Dad’s. But I can’t help to think that I should have been blessed with about 24 more years with him.

On a lighter note, I am also thankful for my blackberry (Chris isn’t), gas being cheaper, diet mountain dew, target, wool socks & fake ugg boots, rice krispie treats, hooded sweatshirts, this blog, and the blogs Google reader delivers to be everyday.

I’ll be taking time out this weekend to spend with family, to do a little black Friday shopping, and (of course) to catch up on my favorite blogs. Speaking of blogs, I need some new material to read! So, while you’re home over Thanksgiving eating leftover turkey and getting an early start on Christmas shopping and decorating, drop me a comment with the link to your blog! I would love to stop by!

I think that it’s appropriate to end my last post before thanksgiving with a picture of a pretty table, just waiting for guests to arrive.

Thanks, Laura Ann for sending this picture from Jennifer Skog. I’m sure your tables at your reception will be just as beautiful as this one!

17 comments:

startsinmynose said...

i have to say....im hooked on your blog....as a bride to be, you ought to be a wedding planner.... i find myself coming back to your site for ideas and tips. your wedding sounds/looks (from the pics) like it was beautiful...

Ashley said...

as a fellow indiana bride, i am thankful for YOUR blog - it's great to know that indiana weddings can be stylish and fabulous! i'm getting married in june and my blog is www.indywedding.blogspot.com - definitely a work in progress :)

Mrs. B said...

I'm so addicted to your blog! I've found some great ideas for my bouquet through your lovely blog too! I can't wait for my wedding in May! Please check out my blog! :)
www.yennysworld.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

that's so funny about your blackberry. E isn't always a fan of my iPhone either... especially when I zone out on it when he's trying to talk to me. :) Happy Holidays!

Melissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Jessica said...

I am thankful for all of the wonderful brides like yourself that let us all in on their lives, and their weddings! I'm thankful for my husband, for my growing business, and for all of the wonderful brides I get the chance to work with!

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a few months now and love it! All the pictures from your wedding are amazing! So beautiful! I just started blogging..stop by if you are ever bored :)

http://sjhouser.wordpress.com

Lyzz said...

It's sad to see your wedding blog comes to an end. I've been following your blog for a while and had been completely inspired by you. Your wedding was beautiful. All the best.

lyzssezfaire.blogspot.com

*Michelle said...

I think you've done a fabulous job recapping your wedding and sharing lessons learned. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog a few months ago - we were married the weekend after you were! It was awesome to read about your adventures as I was going through similar ones... I also love love love your pictures - they are so beautiful! Now that we're hitched, I just started blogging about our home-beautifying adventures...

Rachel H. said...

Beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jessica @ Mason Jar Bride said...

Hi Jessica! I've been reading your blog for almost a year now and it's been a great source of inspiration. Based on the pictures, it looks like everything turned out great! I'm planning for my own October 11 wedding, and I started a blog last month to document the process. It's still just a baby and there's not much on there yet, but stop by and check it out! www.masonjarbride.blogspot.com. Happy Thanksgiving!

School Day Love said...

Love your blog- there were so many times while planning my own wedding where you said exactly what I was thinking. Your wedding looks like it was fabulous! Thanks for sharing your journey! Happy Thanksgiving!

www.justeverydaylove.blogspot.com

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

I love your blog too.
And even now since your married I love your "How I tied the knot" and "Lessons learned".

Amy-Jo Tatum/Chic said...

Thanks for the great post! We should all count our blessings like you are doing. My blog is http://bridechic.blogspot.com. Good to know your site. You'll see me around again . . .

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

Hope you had a relaxing Thanksgiving!! Did you guys have it at your new pad? We flew back to PA..and wow!! it was cold!!!!!!

Krista said...

I just discovered your blog recently, but I think I'm going to have to go and read back-posts!