Friday, November 14, 2008

Tying the Knot: The Ceremony

Everyone was seated and the bridesmaids were making their way down the aisle. I took a deep breath. The flower girls ventured down the aisle and I could hear the murmurs of adoration coming from our guests. My maid of honor gave me a reassuring smile and began her walk. The doors closed and my uncle and I stepped into place as the music began to change. I could hear our guests stand. My Uncle took my hand, put it on his arm, and the doors opened. It was one of, if not the best moment ever. My eyes fell on Chris, waiting at the end of the aisle. He was beaming. So was I.

The ceremony was perfect in so many ways. But it flew by. Before we knew it, it was time for the first kiss. Which we practiced before hand. And it too was perfect.

And then, we were married!


As we were walking down the aisle after being pronounced, the priest handed Chris our marriage certificate/licence. Like a quarterback handing off a football. Thus, it makes it's appearance in this photo.
previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot, favorites
all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

Awww these are so sweet I want to cry! And I am not a cryer! I am loving all of your wedding pictures, but these are perhaps the most meaningful. It's hard to beat pictures of you walking up the aisle, and then back down with your brand new husband! Love it!

said...

Most of your shots have been in black & white. Is that your favorite look? :) I can't wait to see what you decided on in terms of the cake!

*Michelle said...

I know I haven't commented recently, but you look beautiful!! The pictures are amazing! The girls look great and EVERYONE looks thrilled and completely happy. I think all your hard work paid off ten fold. Many Congrats. btw - lovin the enthusiasm of the kiss!!

Amy@Fiancé Meeting You Here said...

You are right, it looks as though it was perfect!! I'm so glad you are taking the time to post about each aspect of the day. I'm really enjoying re-living it throuh you. You both looked drop-dead-gorgeous! And So happy!

LyndsAU said...

How sweet. Those pictures gave me chills! It looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

awww, these were so beautiful. i am so happy for you.

Brittany said...

I love your wedding pictures, and I posted two of them on my blog today-I linked them back to your blog:)

Lyndsy said...

Great first kiss! Seriously beautiful and so romantic!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gorgeous bride you were! I love your pictures.