Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tying the Knot: The Cake

To be honest, the cake wasn't too high on my priority list. I found a baker early in the planning process and just kind of let things be. Before I knew it there were 10 days to go until the wedding and i had no idea what I wanted our cake to look like . And then, my readers came to the rescue. With their input, the vision just came to me. Simple and white, forgoing the ribbon, with sparkly dots of sugary goodness sprinkled atop.

The cake was everything I could have ever wanted and more. It was perfect in every way.

All good things must come to an end...it was time to cut into our picture perfect cake.

My friends, Chris and I had an agreement. We had an agreement to maybe get a dollop of cake on each others chins or noses. We had an agreement to play nice. He "forgot".


From the beginning, I knew that I wanted to incorporate pictures of our parents on their wedding day. I found pictures of our parents with their parents on their wedding day(s) and put them in matching frames. The pictures were set up next to the cake...and everyone loved the little detail.


And then there was the cake cutter. Originally I had planned to use the cake cutter and knife that my parents had used 25 years ago, but when we couldn't find it...I had to turn to the next best thing. Kate Spade. When I received this set at one of my showers, I was ecstatic. Our "Mr." and "Mrs." cake and knife set:


previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot, favorites, the ceremony, the bubbles and the get away, rawry, toasts and dancing



all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

8 comments:

starfish said...

I LOVE that cake, I have not really seen one I like yet. I saw one similar to this, but color was incorporated and I liked it, but didn't love it.

Adrienne said...

Love the cake, it is so simple yet perfect. The "sparkles" really set it off. I still can't believe he smashed cake in your face!!! You poor thing.

Unknown said...

your cake looks lovely! AND delicious! :)

April said...

Your cake was precious! Love it.

startsinmynose said...

your cake was absolutely stunning. exactly what i have in mind for mine....

Melissa said...

Your cake is so pretty! I love simple and sparkly :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

do u have pics of the whole thing..so we can see how you set up the table? looks very elegant!

Jessica said...

love, love, LOVE your cake! So lovely and elegant---I am loving this series of wedding pics, you're doing a beautiful job of recapping your big day for us all!