Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tying the Knot: Favorites

The bridesmaids and groomsmen were on their way to the church and there we were with a couple minutes all to ourselves before our wedding ceremony. I remember the moments that Chris and I were able to share while these pictures were being taken. Knowing that in a short while the church doors would open and I would walk down the aisle, vows would be exchanged and we would be married. I know that I've already mentioned that I have a lot of favorite pictures from our wedding day. But these are my real favorites. Hands down. Maybe it's because they are phenomenal or perhaps its because these pictures capture perfectly the words in "Union" by Robert Fulghum:"You have known each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes to this moment of yes, indeed, you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations that were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks – all those sentences that began with “When we’re married” and continued with “I will and you will and we will”- those late night talks that included “someday” and “somehow” and “maybe” – and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart. All these common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, “you know all those things we’ve promised and hoped and dreamed – well, I meant it all, every word.” Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another – acquaintance, friend, companion, and even teacher. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this is my husband, this is my wife."
previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot
all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
I showed your pictures to one of my friends from HS and she contacted Nicole to be her weeding photographer next August. Here in Houston, mind you!! All of the pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous (I ordered a few to frame in my apt) and I know my friend can't wait until her big day. She wanted me to thank you!! Miss you!!

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

Gorgeous!
"Just" pictures but I can see and feel the love.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Such a lovely couple...

You two should be in the Magazines!!! Seriously!

And the poem..., I'm practically sobbing!

Lisa said...

The photos and that poem... absolutely beautiful!

sweetjacobs said...

What a beautiful poem to go along with beautiful pictures. They really do have a "feeling" to them, even though I don't know you (just a blog stalker!). I'd love to hear more of what was read at your ceremony!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

That poem is very beautiful!

Miss G said...

This is a beautiful passage. Thank you for sharing.
Looking at your pictures and thinking about you not having to say goodbye anymore and being together all the time . . . I am so excited for you. It is such a wonderful time that we're living right now. Just again, last night, Adrian and I marveled at the not having to say goodbye. Kelly

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

Hey! not sure...but i'll use the cards for christmas! im still in shock that i won! its like almost 100.00 worth of beautiful stationary!

Im anxious to see pictures of your cake!