Friday, November 21, 2008

Tying the Knot: What Happens Next

It's been almost two months since our wedding, and it's still hard to believe it's all over. It has been an off feeling to come home and not have to worry about putting programs together, confirming details with vendors, or agonizing over different shades of plum/purple/eggplant. But I must say that it is a great feeling coming home to a husband who can cook a mean chicken marsala. Marriage has it's perks and that is just one of them.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have shared some of the pretty pictures from our wedding. I hope that you love them as much as I do. Here's what's next for Tying the Knot, for the next week or so, I'm going to take you back through each of the areas that I've posted about in this "Tying the Knot" series. I'll share with you the lessons I learned throughout the wedding planning process, how I completed most of the DIY projects, and the few regrets I have about our big day. I think I'll be calling this new series, "How I Tied the Knot". It will be a place where all of the nitty gritty details can be spelled out (how much our florist charged, how Kinkos charged me an outrageous $10 to hole punch our 100 programs and how we made the mistake of not taking the traditional photo in front of the church altar) without getting in the way of the pretty pictures.

So, readers, what do you want to know?! How did I tie the ribbon around the centerpiece vases? How did we feel about not renting a limo/bus/vehicle to transport the bridal party? How my beautiful cake was less than $400? Let me know! Comment below, on this post, if you have any special requests!
And now, for one last pretty picture. Remember when I said this to/about my Daddy, "When I feel that gust of wind blow my dress and my veil around on my wedding day, I'll know that you are there." It happened. This picture was taken right before we took our family pictures outside of the church. We were basking in our newlywed bliss and my Daddy wanted to take a minute to tell me that he was there.
To me, this photo is priceless.

Have a great weekend!
previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot, favorites, the ceremony, the bubbles and the get away, rawry, toasts and dancing, the cake, reception details

all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

17 comments:

Adrienne said...

Personally I want to hear about it all! I am particularly curious about the DIY projects though, as I am starting to dig into mine now.

And I know I don't even have to say this....but I LOVE that veil shot!!!

said...

Total chills when seeing that gust of wind blow through your veil.

*Michelle said...

I'm with Adrienne - spill it all! Your cake was under $400? Wow. Can't wait to hear how your pulled that off.

BREE said...

I got the chills too when seeing the veil picture. I love your blog and want to hear all the diy, lessons learned and details. I am taking a lot of inspiration from you and started a blog to recap my big day. I want a place to document it all so I remember the special little details and moments. Thank you!

Chicago Bride said...

What are you going to do about the wedding album? I'm all for getting a professional one, but you can save SOOOO much money by making ones for parents and granparents online. Or doing what I did, which was get a small album from the photographer, but making one with every single picture I loved online. (I used shutterfly.com).

starfish said...

I am obsessed with your cake it is perfect. I can't believe you got it for $400.00 I will definitely be watching out on your post to explain that one! I can't wait to hear about everything!

April said...

Gorgeous pictures! Can't wait to hear about all the lessons learned.
PS - I have an "insiders" link to professional wedding albums for super reasonable if you didn't get one with your photography package :)

Unknown said...

I just got serious chills as well as a tear in my eye. That's so special, and such a great photo to remember that moment by.

Melissa said...

That last photograph made me tear up too.

__ said...

this is a much overdue congratulations! you were such a stunning bride and all of the photos you've shared are just lovely!!


you're right -- that last shot is priceless -- how beautiful! i'm so glad you have a shot of that amazing moment!

Abbie said...

What a great sentiment about your dad! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I definitely want to know how you tied the ribbon on the vases! I was actually going to ask you about that when I saw the pictures.

Just Dandy Blog said...

I LOVE that veil shot! You are SO precious!
I want you to big another post about your candy bar and show some of your pics!! I want to see how your all white turned out!
I also want to see if you did that letter thing you blogged about a while ago when were you were looking for the metallic initials. You were going to have the guests tie them around the letters of your initial.. "tying the knot" remember that?!??!?! How did that go?

Anonymous said...

Oh that last shot (and the story behind it) just made my well up a bit. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

OMG girl! that last pic...tears to the eyes! I want to see pictures of the table settings..cake table.. etc!

sweetjacobs said...

I'm intrigued by it ALL...you were such a creative and sweet bride. I am however very curious about your transportation because I'm debating not having any either...except for me & hubby :) Can't wait to hear all your details!!!

Ms. Bliss said...

your photos are just incredible! I am loving this series!