Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tying the Knot: Bouquets and Boutonnieres

If you can recall from this post and this post, I had been trying to decide, for the longest time if I wanted my bouquet to be a beautiful white bride-y bouquet or if I wanted a bouquet that would pop out from my dress with its vibrant colors. I think deep down, I always wanted a white bouquet. I already knew that the BM's would be carrying dahlias so having white dahlias in my bouquet was only natural. But the spider mums, oh the spider mums. Mommy and I have always loved them and I must say that they really gave my bouquet the perfect fluffiness. The bouquet was finished off with white button mums and I loved the end result.

Chris wore a white dahlia for his boutonniere. Confession: From day one I was attracted to Chris' jawline. I love everything about it.
The groomsmen each had a raspberry aster as their boutonniere. The plum ties were a gift from the Groom.
The bridesmaids bouquets were plum dahlias and raspberry asters. This was our inspiration for the bridesmaids bouquets. They turned out plum-ish enough for my matchy-matchy obsessive compulsiveness with just the right amount of a raspberry "pop". My beautiful bridesmaids and I, all lined up in a row with our pretty little bouquets.
Sidenote: This is the picture you will get if you force the guys to pose with the bouquets. They thought they were hilarious.


previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom
all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love your bouquet!

Adrienne said...

Oh where do I even begin! Ok...love your bouquet! The BM bouquets turned out amazing as well, and I LOVE their dresses! Lastly, that shot of all the BMs lines up - LOVE IT! I am so getting one of those! I just love the way they look, especially the headless ones {random, I know}.

Melissa said...

Your bouquet is so pretty, I love the all white too! All the bouquets and boutonnieres look so nice together :)

Pink Lady Jessica said...

the bouquets turned out beautifully!!! so chic!

and I totally hear you on the jawlines... I thought I was the only one! I think a strong jaw is SOOO hot. :)

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

Where did you end up getting the ties?

Amanda B. Young said...

Oh my goodness -- these are all fabulous. I love the fluffy and unique aspects of your bouquet and the colors of the BMs bouquets are just stunning -- especially against the black! And the photo of the guys holding them...hilarous! I love it!

tina said...

I am jealous of your dahlias! They look gorgeous. Your bouquet is perfect. It has all of my favorite flowers in it.

Jennifer said...

The flowers did turn out gorgeous...

Miss G said...

Really, really beautiful! So much better than the trial run, don't you think? I do like the fluffiness of your bouquet and that shot of all of you lined up is stunning! Kelly

Candicelyn said...

PS I never commented but I like that Chris went for the clean scruff look. I know that was a debate of yours along time ago! Landon still doesn't know what hair style he wants yet alone what he'll do with his facial hair.

said...

Hey Jessica. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Just browsed through some of your wedding photos again and I just noticed that Chris went with the scruff look! Didn't catch that before. I remember the post you did on it...seemed your hubby preferred the slightly stubble look - handsome either way!