Monday, November 17, 2008

Tying the Knot: Rawry

I have to take a moment to introduce you to someone that is very special to Chris and I. His name is Rawry and he's the stuffed animal that Chris bought for me on our one year anniversary. Since then he has become a very special part of our lives. He was even involved in the proposal! We toyed with the idea somehow incorporating him into the wedding day, but we had bigger and more important details to worry about, so Rawry was out of luck.

Rawry did, however, make it into my overnight bag and came down to the hotel for the weekend festivities. I told Nicole that I would love it if she could capture a ring shot with Rawry. The results, in my opinion, are adorable.

When it was time for me to leave the bridal suite to see Chris for the first time, I kissed Rawry goodbye and put him on the bed. After the first look and the pictures, Chris and I had a moment alone in the bridal suite before heading to the church. We went to check on Rawry and he was gone. I panicked for a moment thinking that housekeeping had snatched him up with the bed linens and threw him in the laundry. But then we realized that somehow this little guy was determined to play a special part in our big day, whether we liked it or not.


When I walked down the aisle, not only was Chris beaming, but so was Rawry. He had snagged the best seat in the house, right inbetween us!


Stephanie, our fabulous DOC that I raved about here, and my Mommy gave Rawry a ride to the church so that he could be a part of our special day. It was just one more little detail that made us smile.

previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot, favorites, the ceremony, the bubbles and the get away

all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

5 comments:

N. said...

Aww, I love it!

Melissa said...

That's so cute :)

said...

THAT was a cute post!

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

you guys are too funny!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so happy you were able to roll with your missing Rawry...he stole the show :)