Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tying the Knot: Our First Look

Before I knew it I was in my dress, out of the elevator, and hiding in a little nook waiting to see Christopher. My Mommy and MOH joined me. Together we walked to the bottom of the hotel grand stairway, where Chris was waiting at the top with my bouquet. I looked up the stairs and saw that his back was to me. At that moment I took it all in....that he was there, waiting for me, on our wedding day, to see me as his bride in my dress for the first time. The rest of the world just kind of seemed to fade away and time moved a little slower as I made my way up the stairs, stopping twice as the moment was more than overwhelming. I was nervous, excited, and in a state of disbelief that this moment was actually happening.
I finally made it up the stairs and I put my arms around his waist, said "hi honey," and took a step back as he began to turn around. The admiration in his eyes was exactly what I had always dreamed of. It was the most perfect of perfect moments.

The tears that had been welling up inside my eyes finally started to trickle down my cheeks.

After relishing the moment for a few more seconds and waving to family and friends that gathered below, we headed up to the lounge area for champagne and our portraits.


Previously: we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready
all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

12 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Your pictures are sooooo beautiful! I love that you guys had your moment before the wedding. You need to help me convince Rich that we should do the same!

Stephanie said...

This was my favorite moment of the day and I'm ::so:: happy you did it on the stairs - it's so dramatic!

Candicelyn said...

I love this! I can't wait till Landon and I have our own little moment! SO exciting! Your photos tell the story just wonderfully!

Adrienne said...

Oh I love these shots - those hugging shots are priceless! This has to be the moment I am most looking forward to, I have to believe it is so amazing that it is hard to take it all in at once. I am glad to hear that yours went just how you wanted it to. : )

Amanda B. Young said...

Ohhh you look so beautiful! And, those flowers are just stunning!

Tara Vorhes said...

So beautiful and so incredibly sweet! It sounds like it was just a wonderful moment that you will remember forever.

Melissa said...

These are great pictures :)

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

Amazing!

tina said...

So cute! I tried standing with my back to Andy, but I gave up and turned around before he walked over. I couldn't wait!

Your moment seems lovely.

Just Dandy Blog said...

I love it... I am debating about doing the first look?!?!

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post because it's so full of emotion. And the photography is beautiful!

Ten Thousand Only said...

i'm kind of crying right now.