Today I came across the Knot's Top Wedding Trends for 2008. Let's see what we think, shall we!?
1. Making Split Decisions. For those brides that just cannot decide on one dress....why not have two!? If only I had two bank accounts.
2. The Gray Area. Steel gray will replace chocolate brown as THE accent color. Amen. For some gray inspiration just check out Style Me Pretty, Snippet & Ink, & Perfect Bound. I would throw it into my color scheme if I could.
4. Lush and Luxe. "Size does matter for floral arrangements....more petals, blossoms, even feathers!!" Feathers? Scary. Petals = Pretty.
(photo by Jasmine Star Photography)
5. Sample Stations. Try a champagne bar with different fruits and mixers or mashed potato martini bar with bacon, cheese, sour cream, other mouth-watering toppings. Anything where your guests can make their own signature creation will be a hit with your guests.
6. Vintage Visions. "From dresses to rings, brides are revisiting the past for style inspiration." Love it.
7. Guests Make the Call. Need help? Allow the guests vote on it thru quizzes on your wedding webpage or a blog poll (like the one above!). Examples The Knot mentioned were letting your guests vote on their favorite cake flavors, entree choices, or dance music.
8. Other top trends were: Green weddings, honeymoon hopping, and booking a cover band to play at your reception.
I suppose you could say we're somewhat trendy. #2, 3, 5, and 7 are trends that we are definitely hoping to carry out in our wedding. What "hot" trends are you following? Are there any more you would add to the list?