Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pick Your Favorite

Over the course of planning our wedding, my readers were a constant sounding board and always gave thoughtful advice. It's that time again, my friends! Chris and I will be closing on our first house this coming May {knock on wood} and we need a picture to go above the mantle of our fireplace. So, remember all of those "favorites" and "framers" I mentioned in these posts?Well, now it's time to pick my true favorite and I just can't.

So, you get to! Don't worry, we narrowed down the field for you. Vote in the poll on the right side of the blog or comment in the section below. We'll frame the one that you pick. So, choose wisely!

option #1: the close up.option #2: the jacket pull. rawr.
option #3: down the stairs
option #4: the dip option #5: the staircase

option #6: the church exit I know, I know....what a tough decision you have on your hands. Good luck with that.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the two pictures below are two of our favorites {and will likely be framed and placed in our home} but had to be disqualified due to their vertical orientation which makes them ineligible for placement over the mantle. This first one is quite the epic picture, don't you agree?
This last picture is a direct result of option #2: the jacket pull. like I said, rawr.


previously in the series "tying the knot": we did it, a preview, our honeymoon, our candy bar, lifesaver, getting ready, our first look, the bride and groom, bouquets and boutonnieres, the shoes, the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the bridal party, the sock shot, favorites, the ceremony, the bubbles and the get away, rawry, toasts and dancing, the cake, reception details, what happens next, just a couple more


all pictures by: nicole green. please link back to tying the knot when posting any of these pictures.

24 comments:

starfish said...

I love the dip, you two look so happy and in love!

I like option three alot, but for something over the mantle, I think the dip is perfect!

Julia said...

I vote number 6 - so joyous!

I loved the dip one too, so am torn - definitely one of those two in my humble opinion!

holly-lynn said...

i voted for the dip, but agree about the down the stairs pic. so cute <3

LauraAnn said...

I was wondering where the picture was of the two of you in front of the monument! That one is hands down my FAVORITE! Is there anyway you could rotate it or crop it?!?

But in case no, I LOVE the picture of you two sitting on the staircase kissing! So pretty!!!

Modern Ink Studio said...

I vote for #3! so elegant!

Lynsey said...

I love the dip and the down the stairs. So hard to choose from such great photographs!

Adrienne said...

This is seriously so hard!! I really really like all of them! I would probably go with number 3 though, even though you can't see your faces I love it!!

THE RED STUDIO said...

Good luck! This is a tough one. I think 5 or 6 is my fav!

Lindsay said...

3&5. I love both stair pics!

ashley said...

#3 or #5 - they both seem like excellent choices for highlighting the fireplace since they both has an artsy and romantic look to them - rather than being more portrait oriented.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow that's tough - you had a wonderful photographer. I voted for #3. I don't know why, but I love pictures of the backs of people! They are always some of my favorite shots.

Jennifer said...

I love the one of you two sitting on the stairs! I love its composition and the way that the stairs draw the eye in to the two of you.

I saw vases that were obviously tied with ribbon from your tutorial. You must be a good teacher because they looked great!
Over Here

Katie said...

I vote for #2 and #6. I love happy that last one is!

Unknown said...

I love #4 and #5!

Congrats on the home :)

Elyzabeth said...

Definitely the dip. Perfect for the fireplace.

Erica said...

The church exit or the dip. You are starting a new chapter with this home, so the walking forward out of the church doors is kind of symbolic. For this reason, I would not use the one of you walking away down the stairs.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Oh wow...I LOVE the pictures! But the dip one...amazing!

Authentically U said...

Beuatiful pics!! I'm honored to be apart fo the selection process. Congrats again!!!!!!!

~k said...

I picked 3 but couldn't you crop a vertical into a horizontal? I do it all the time!

N. said...

They are all gorgeous, but #3 & #5 are my picks for over your mantel.
I just like the softer, more subtle, stylish vibe of them.

Jessie@FitnessFamilyAndMore said...

Wow it isnt easy to decide. I love all of them. Seriously! But I would go with the dip. You look soooo happy. Both of you. And you can see all the love in this picture! And how he is holding you - like you never have to be afraid about something because he will always be there to protect his wife.

{The Perfect Palette} said...

she looks great :)

Hannah said...

Your wedding photos are stunning!

Amanda B. Young said...

They're all gorgeous... but #5! Love it!