Sunday, October 7, 2007

Change of Season...Change of Mind

Maybe it's because the seasons are beginning to change and its beginning to feel like fall from the campfires I smell to the displays of Halloween candy in the stores. Or maybe its because I have seen so many great wedding themes/ideas from all the blog snooping/browsing I have been doing. I don't know what it is, but every since I saw that anexcitedbride is changing her wedding colors, I have been beginning to re-think my navy and green wedding color scheme.


The problems that I have with the navy/green theme are:
-The navy BM dresses clashing with the GM's black tux's
-Is the green too bright? I LOVE the green flowers. They would appear in the bouquets and in the centerpieces but I'm worried about using too much of the green because it's not too nautical-ish and I'm worrying it might be overwhelming and too much of a "pop".
Other alternatives I have been toying with:
-A navy and champagne/almost brown scheme. It's still nautical-ish. However, without the green, or another color it seems somewhat bland. And I would still have the prob with the navy BM dresses and the black tux.
-A navy and a plum color scheme (too dark?)
-Skip the green, navy, and tying the knot theme all together and have the BM wear black dresses.
Help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's very confusing and stressful sometimes. For me, the $39.99 J.Crew dress really made the decision for me, ya know? I love navy dresses, but I kept seeing chocolate everywhere and felt it was such an easier color to complement.

However, navy could work and if it's really what you want you shouldn't give it up. Maybe you'll need to rethink the men's suits, check out Katrina & Taylor's wedding in this blog entry, you'll have to scroll down a little to see what I'm talking about.

http://blog.briandorseystudios.com
/2006_09_01_archive.html

Sarah Dennis said...

Jessica, don't give up on the green and blue color theme, if that's what you love.

I hope you find inspiration here: http://toastandtables.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, I know this comment comes way after you posted this blog, but if you want to keep the navy blue dresses, your flowers can be an "adjacent" color scheme. This way, you can pull in pastel blues, greens, and violets. So, the blue can be tied in with the green in a ligher value. (I just took a color theory class :) )

Zane Wooder said...

I would stay with the green flowers but also add some blue flowers. Blue and green go well together.

zane