Monday, October 29, 2007

Slimming Down

It's common for the bride-to-be to want to slim down or tone up for the big day. I've never been a fan of dieting or eating healthy for that matter. But I have found one "plan" that has worked for me.
SparkPeople is a free on-line tool that allows you to track your weight, track your calorie intake from food, track your fitness/workouts and calories burned, and provides so many more tools to allow you to slim down or tone up!
In entering your current weight, how many weeks you want to be on the "plan", and your target weight at the end of the "plan", SparkPeople can tell you:

  • the range of calories you should intake each day
  • the range of calories you should burn each day/week (taking into account how many times a week you are willing to exercise!)

It works! SparkPeople allows you to monitor your calorie intake and outtake, making you aware of what you are putting into your body and what you should take out of it through exercise. What I love most about this plan is its most valuable tool, the calorie counter. Unlike some tracking databases, SparkPeople's calorie counter has a pre-existing database with thousands of foods with nutrition facts already populated! For example, you could type in "Subway 6 inch Turkey Breast Sub" and you won't have to enter in any of the nutrition contents!!
Anyways, I just thought I would pass-along a website that was helpful to me in the past...I highly recommend it! Feel free to contact me with any questions about customizing the site to meet your needs!

No comments: