Monday, October 29, 2007

In Search of an Invitation...Again

With the decision to potentially change my theme/color scheme for my wedding comes the opportunity again to browse through 1000's of beautiful invitations!


Darci from With This Ring was kind enough to share this beautiful fabric that she bought for her table runners and I think that it would be a great start to the inspiration behind our invitations.

I would like to incorporate a pattern similar to this on my invitations. Possibly a strip on the top and the bottom of the invitation itself? (Can you imagine how great this pattern is going to look against the black OR white linens Darci is going to put it on!? I can't wait to see what she does with it!)

I am still loving the above invitations (from the knot) due to the sheer simplicity of each one. Perhaps I could add in a damask corner graphic of some kind!?

My overall vision for the invites is starting to come together slowly but surely. To me, this is one of the most important pieces of a wedding since it is the first taste guests will get of what's ahead.

If anyone has any links to invitations or knottie bios featuring a black/white theme or a damask pattern, I would love to hear from you!

3 comments:

Darci said...

Agreed about the b&w flowers looking a little too tropical, but that could easily be recreated with the pattern you actually want!

ZenadiaDesign said...

I love the look you are going for here. I am actually a custom invitation designer, and I happen to have a black and white velvet damask paper that is beautiful and looks similar to what you are looking for. If you are interested please contact me. Custom invitations start at $3.00 per set. My email is heidi@zenadiadesign.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you found invitations yet, I completely understand your pain as I two and doing a black and white damask theme. Suprisingly enough American Wedding just came out with about 5 different designs with b&w damask, as well as print it yourself invites sold at Crafts stores manufactures by "Brides" magazine. Of course I had already ordered and sent my invites out about a month ago. At least B&W Damask is becoming easier to find now. If you have a Hobby Lobby Craft store they have a whole section in the outdoor/summer department full of it. Good luck to you!!