Monday, October 22, 2007

Venues of the Big Day

I am slowly starting to gather information on downtown Indianapolis catholic churches and reception venues. Without a headcount, definite date, etc, it's a little hard to nail down plans and sign contracts!
My only "issue" right now is that most of the catholic churches that I have looked into have made it mandatory that the wedding conclude by 3 or 4pm on a Saturday in order to allow clean-up before a 4pm mass. It seems to me that the reception would most likely begin around 5pm or 6pm. With a 4 hour reception, wouldn't the night conclude a little early? Thoughts/suggestions/solutions?!

I have contacted Jessica Strickland , the photographer who's work I am in LOVE with, and she is still available for our tentative date! How exciting!! Below is a picture she took of a reception in Indianapolis at Union Station and another at the Omni Severin hotel....how breathtaking!



I have seen a lot of (darker) golds in the churches and reception venues that I have been looking at. What are your thoughts of an attempt at throwing in flakes of gold to my navy/green/white nautical theme? I think it could work!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can be hard to coordinate receptions around churches with stringent requirements. I went to one wedding (also Catholic) where the guests were given an hour between the end of the ceremony and the beginning of the reception to go back to the hotel, freshen up, and take a nap. It was really helpful. Plus, the reception site was about a 30 minute drive from the hotel (1 hour from the church) so there was really probably a two hour gap between the ceremony and the reception. Hope this helps!

By the way - love your blog!