Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Soles of My Shoes

We all know the "something borrowed, something blue...." tradition for one's wedding day. But there is another tradition that I wanted to share with you today. One Greek tradition states that any single girls/bridesmaids are to write their names on the bottom of the bride's shoe. The name of the girl that is rubbed off by the end of the night will be the next to tie the knot.

Whether or not you are Greek or actually believe in such wedding traditions doesn't so much matter. I think this is a great way to take a piece of your friends with you down the aisle. Perhaps you could alter this idea a little and have the married women in your family sign the bottom of your shoe for "good luck."

I think that the traditions that a bride incorporates into the ceremony/reception make the day more special. What traditions are you incorporating?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this - I think it is a great alternative to tossing bouquet!

Cate Subrosa said...

I love the idea of the writing on the shoe. Not sure about all the single girls signing it, but perhaps have my special ladies write me a message or something.

Great photo.

Anonymous said...

I love this....what a great keepsakek too.

Mangito said...

Thanks for the ideas I am so going to do this for my wedding.